Our curriculum is based on the philosophy that young children learn through their interactions with their environment and the people around them. Our educational philosophy supports child and play centered developmentally appropriate activities for children.
We believe children build their knowledge of the world through the manipulation of materials and the stimulation of their five senses. We provide children choices through different learning centers, materials to learn about various subjects as well as the opportunities to express themselves through music, art and dramatic play activities. We give children free play times for children to choose where they want to work and whom they want to play. We organize group times for children to learn about different weekly themes with their teachers. All these activities are planned to support children’s cognitive, language, social, emotional, motor and self-help skills development.
We also have a strong multicultural emphasis in our curriculum. Due to our international students, our children are exposed to different cultures through their classmates and their families. We provide books, songs, materials and activities for children to learn about each other’s cultures and develop respect and appreciation for this diversity around us.
• To encourage and foster the development of positive self-esteem and self-concept in each child.
• To promote the development of each child into self-confident, risk taking learners.
• To promote the development of positive social skills in each child.
• To promote the fine and gross motor skills in each child.
• To promote the development of independence, self-reliance and self-discipline in each child.
• To promote the development of sound health and nutrition practices in each child.
• To promote the appreciation of cultural diversity in the community by each child.